The digestive system breaks down food and absorbs nutrients that are then absorbed into the bloodstream. Digestion makes it possible for your body to get the nutrients and energy it needs to keep you healthy, happy and strong. Select essential oils and nutritional supplements can help support healthy digestion and ease discomfort.
Having a healthy gut is an important part of living a healthy life. A healthy gastrointestinal tract is better able to break down food an absorb critical nutrients. When your gut is healthy, it supports the health of your entire body, from your immune system function to your emotions.
Our bodies are made to consume and utilize nutrients for energy to feed our cells, and self-healing. If you think about it, we truly are what we eat.
Our cells are constantly bombarded with harmful bacteria which reside outside of our cells, and viruses, which reside inside our cells. Each cell is surrounded by an oily membrane for protection. When a water-based antibiotic is introduced, our bodies naturally defend against it with the outside membrane. Medications also have, in some cases, severe side effects. Our bodies also do not form a tolerance with natural essential oil remedies.
Our livestock contains approximately 70% of the antibiotics we consume on a daily basis. GMO’s, pesticides, herbicides, and food preservatives are also being consumed at an alarming rate. Mount Sanai reports babies are found to have over 200 synthetic chemicals in their umbilical cords. We are bombarded with over 500 chemicals on our face daily.
The concept of detoxing is certainly not a new one. With our world growing increasingly toxic, the answer remains the same, when identifying the signs, you need to detoxify and eat a clean, healthy diet.
Insatiable Sugar Cravings — Whole, clean food sources will balance hormones
Digestive Stress (Gas/Bloating) — Detoxify to reset digestive track
Regular (Seasonal) Allergies — Strengthen gut microbiome which clears sinuses
Food Sensitivities — Fuel body correctly with powerful superfoods
Skin Issues (Acne/Rash/Inflammation) — Eliminates waste and detoxifies body
Constant (Adrenal) Fatigue — Detoxify to decrease cortisol levels.
Leaky Brain Syndrome (Brain Fog) — Lessen inflammatory oxidative Blood-Brain Barrier permeability
Regular Joint Pain — Support joints with natural supplements and regular detoxing
High Stress Levels — Support mood and balance emotions with proper supplements
Food Elimination Fear — Detoxing supports healthy eating and negative food relationships
Weight Control/Metabolic Issues — Eat to lose weight, activate natural immunity, balance bacteria levels, and increase metabolism
Hormone Imbalance/Weight Loss Resistance — Reduce inflammatory foods, chronic inflammation and toxin build-up
Irregular Circadian Rhythms — Reduce toxin build up, leptin resistance and adrenal fatigue
Depression/Anxiety — Increase healthy food intake and reduce inflammation
Sleep Issues/Quality Sleep — Increase CPTG essential oil supplements, decrease sugar/caffeine
Regular Cold Sores — Weaken virus by reducing inflammation/strengthening immune system
Perhaps you’ve identified an area in your life that needs improvement and thankfully, there are some simple steps that can be taken to improve your overall gut health.
First of all, you are what you eat. As mentioned above, eating whole foods, drinking a minimum of 1/3 of your body weight in ounces of water per day, choosing non-GMO foods, and minimizing harmful toxins are all contributing factors when creating a highly effective gut biome. The health of your gut truly is the indicator of your overall health and resistance to harmful viruses and bacteria.
Proper sleep has to be a priority. While sleeping your body recovers, resets, and recharges for the next day. Your brain needs to download the days activities, store the long term memories, sort through all emotional stressors, and repair itself for peak performance.
Next are supplements to support your gut health. A very simple way to introduce supplements is by including the following in your daily routine:
PB ASSIST + Jr.
Our digestive tract has about 100 trillion probiotic bacteria, sometimes referred to as microbiota, microbiome, or microflora. That’s 10 times more than the total number of cells that make up the entire human body! When we think of bacteria, we usually think that they are unhealthy and that we should rid our bodies of all of them. However, our digestive system also contains good or healthy bacteria that can play a very important role in our digestive and immune health.
In our gut, we have “good” bacteria and we have “bad” bacteria and it’s always optimal to make sure that the good outnumber the bad. When we do this, the good bacteria can help lower the number of bad bacteria and provide an environment that is conducive for not only digestive health but immune health as well. In order to promote microflora balance, many health experts recommend eating fermented foods like yogurt, sauerkraut, and kefir, but probiotic supplementation can also be very beneficial.
- Provides 5 billion live cells of 6 strains of friendly flora selected for both their unique stability at room temperature as well as their remarkable ability to survive the harsh extremes of acidity, alkalinity, and digestive enzymes in the digestive system
- Includes prebiotic FOS to help sustain a healthy balance of beneficial friendly flora
- Maintains healthy intestinal microflora balance
- Supports healthy functioning of the digestive and immune systems for children and adults
- Supports the health of the GI tract, particularly the intestines and colon
- Helps support optimal metabolism and absorption of nutrients
- Probiotic administration during childhood offers a means of promoting healthy microflora balance and favorably supporting immune and gastrointestinal system function
- Probiotic consumption during childhood has established health benefits and may support long-term well-being
- Maintaining a healthy GI tract is also important for healthy brain and nervous system function
- Promotes healthy lung and respiratory tract function
- Contributes to an internal balance and support for the health of the kidneys, bladder, and urinary tract, as well as the female reproductive system
Consume the contents of one sachet daily. Pour contents of sachet directly into mouth or mix with 4oz of water, juice, or preferred beverage and drink immediately. Do not mix with hot water. It can also be mixed with cold foods such as yogurt, smoothies, breakfast cereal, etc.
DigestZen DigestTab Chewable tablets
DigestZen aids in digestion, soothe occasional stomach upset, and maintain a healthy digestive system. Now this incredibly effective blend is available in a convenient chewable tablet. Calcium carbonate in DigestTab helps to reduce burning sensations due to its acid-neutralizing effects. CPTG Certified Pure Tested Grade™ natural essential oils including Peppermint, Coriander, Ginger, Caraway, Cardamom, Fennel, and Anise may contribute to maintain a healthy digestive system.
Calcium Carbonate Calcium carbonate, which comes from natural mineral sources, helps maintain stomach acid balance by neutralizing excess acid in the stomach. This helps relieve the discomfort caused by occasional acidity such as heartburn, indigestion, and flatulence. This specially designed calcium carbonate is less chalky than many similar products on the market and much easier to chew and swallow.
DigestZen Essential Oil Blend This unique blend contains Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander to help ease occasional stomach discomfort and indigestion, while Peppermint, Star Anise, Cardamom, and Caraway aid with digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract. DigestZen is a healthy, natural, and gentle way to soothe an occasional upset stomach or maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Specifically designed for individuals with sensitive stomachs.
- Combines the unique digestive benefits of calcium carbonate along with pure essential oils from plants traditionally known for providing soothing support to the gastrointestinal tract, including Peppermint, Coriander, Ginger, Caraway, Cardamom, Fennel, and Anise.
- A unique and powerful synergistic blend of natural ingredients designed to relieve occasional heartburn and indigestion, while promoting the overall health of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Use with or between meals as needed, for relief from occasional stomach upset, indigestion, and heartburn.
- Helps relieve occasional sour stomach.
- Provides relief from the uncomfortable burning of occasional acid indigestion and helps reduce unwanted belching and bloating.
Chew one tablet as needed up to six times daily.
DigestZen essential oil
Whether it’s a holiday, vacation, family event, a new recipe, or you had a bit too much to eat, make sure you have doTERRA DigestZen on hand for all your digestive support needs. With Cardamom, a close relative to Ginger, Cardamom can help to maintain a healthy GI system when taken internally. This proprietary blend of CPTG® essential oils includes Coriander, Ginger, and Fennel to help ease occasional stomach discomfort and indigestion.
Peppermint, Anise, and Caraway are well known for their ability to aid in digestion and to help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract when consumed.
- Add a few drops to water to take internally.
- Rub on the stomach and/or behind ears before flying or taking a road trip.
- Take DigestZen internally when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.
- Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
- Diffuse for a sweet, minty calming aroma.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.