Improving Gut Health, Naturally
Many of you want to improve your gut health and know that your gut carries the load when it comes to our immune system functionality. Whether it’s eating high quality food, or consistent self-care, I want to open a dialogue and discuss some easy, healthy options that I have used over several years to help with digestion and balancing my gut biome.
The digestive system breaks down food and absorbs nutrients that are then absorbed into the bloodstream. Digestion makes it possible for your body to get the nutrients and energy it needs to keep you healthy, happy and strong. Select essential oils and nutritional supplements can help support healthy digestion and ease discomfort.
Our bodies are made to consume and utilize nutrients for energy to feed our cells, and self-healing. If you think about it, we truly are what we eat.
Our cells are constantly bombarded with harmful bacteria which reside outside of our cells, and viruses, which reside inside our cells. Each cell is surrounded by an oily membrane for protection. When a water-based antibiotic is introduced, our bodies naturally defend against it with the outside membrane. Medications and OTC remedies also have, in some cases, severe side effects and may form a tolerance. With natural essential oil remedies, the body recognizes the chemical constituents of peppermint, for example, and accepts the oil based remedy without resistance.
Perhaps you’ve identified an area in your life that needs improvement and thankfully, there are some simple steps that can be taken to improve your overall gut health.
First of all, you are what you eat. Eating whole, fresh and organic/NON-GMO foods, drinking a minimum of 1/3 of your body weight in ounces of water per day, and minimizing harmful toxins are all contributing factors when creating a highly effective gut biome.
Next are supplements to support your gut health. A very simple way to introduce supplements is by including the following in your daily routine.
Our digestive tract has about 100 trillion probiotic bacteria, sometimes referred to as microbiota, microbiome, or microflora. That’s 10 times more than the total number of cells that make up the entire human body! Our digestive system contains good or healthy bacteria that play a very important role in our digestive and immune health.
When we have the good, healthy bacteria, it can help lower the number of bad bacteria and provide an environment that is conducive for not only digestive health but immune health as well. In order to promote microflora balance, many health experts recommend eating fermented foods like yogurt, sauerkraut, and kefir, but probiotic supplementation can also be very beneficial.
PB ASSIST + Jr.
- Provides 5 billion live cells of 6 strains of friendly flora selected for both their unique stability at room temperature as well as their remarkable ability to survive the harsh extremes of acidity, alkalinity, and digestive enzymes.
- Includes Prebiotic-FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) are a good source of soluble, dietary fiber. According to a study reported in the journal Nutrients, FOS have been shown to reduce, or eliminate constipation. to help sustain a healthy balance of beneficial, balanced microflora.
- Supports healthy functioning of the digestive and immune systems for children and adults
- Probiotic administration during childhood offers a means of promoting healthy microflora balance and favorably supporting immune and gastrointestinal system function
- Probiotic consumption during childhood has established health benefits and may support long-term well-being
- Maintaining a healthy GI tract is also important for healthy brain, lung, respiratory and nervous system function
Consume the contents of one sachet daily.
DigestZen DigestTab Chewable tablets
DigestZen aids in digestion, soothe occasional stomach upset, and maintain a healthy digestive system.
CPTG Certified Pure Tested Grade™ natural essential oils including Peppermint, Coriander, Ginger, Caraway, Cardamom, Fennel, and Anise may contribute to maintain a healthy digestive system.
Calcium Carbonate Calcium carbonate, which comes from natural mineral sources, helps maintain stomach acid balance by neutralizing excess acid in the stomach. Chew one tablet as needed up to six times daily or as directed.
- Specifically designed for individuals with sensitive stomachs.
- Combines the unique and powerful synergistic blend of natural ingredients of calcium carbonate along with pure essential oils from plants traditionally known for providing soothing support to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Provides relief from the uncomfortable burning of occasional acid indigestion and helps reduce unwanted belching and bloating.
DigestZen Essential Oil Blend
This unique blend contains Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander to help ease occasional stomach discomfort and indigestion, while Peppermint, Star Anise, Cardamom, and Caraway aid with digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract. DigestZen is a healthy, natural, and gentle way to soothe an occasional upset stomach or maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Add a few drops to 4oz of water to take internally.
- Rub on the stomach and/or behind ears before flying or taking a road trip.
- Take DigestZen internally when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.
- Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
- Diffuse for a sweet, minty calming aroma.
Identifying gut issues and adapting to organically sourced foods, and supplements will pave the way to a healthier gut, and essentially, a healthier YOU!